Friday, January 15, 2010

"Ma"

I don't have much to report this week. I knitted a hat for a friend at work who is due any day now, so of course Foster had to model it! He was in for his monthly RSV vaccine today (only preemies qualify for it) and weighed in at 20 lbs 2 ounces, which I think is around the 80% for a normal 7 1/2 month old. Foster has obviously caught up in weight and height quickly, but he will be developmentally delayed up to 2 years. He hasn't really started babbling much in repetitive syllables, mostly lots of cooing and levels of happy screaming. Wednesday morning he definitely said "Ma", but he was addressing his applesauce in the babysitter's hand...not me (but I was there to witness it). It's good to know he is capable of making more sounds and hopefully we'll hear more soon. I'm not concerned about these delays, we're just glad he's a very happy healthy baby who loves to sleep at night (12-13 hours). We don't have many pics of him sleeping, so I'll share one of the few.

No comments:

Post a Comment